Notes from Mr. Tison
Time is flying by… So much happening, and we are in the final throws of preparations for a great finale show – The Golden Age of Broadway, featuring all eight of our choirs, along with Troubadours presenting “Guys and Dolls!” Our spectacular show will take place at the Rose Center Theater in Westminster on June 2 (Friday) at 4:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. and again on June 3 (Saturday) 11:00 a.m. Please do not miss getting tickets for this end of the year show! Information for tickets is as follows:
Season Pass Holders – Tuesday, May 30 – Exchange your season passes for reserved seating – 1st choice!
@ FVHS 6:40 – 7:30 a.m. and 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
All tickets on sale – Wednesday, May 31 – Tickets on sale for ALL remaining seats, all shows! ALL SEATING IS RESERVED! The early bird gets the best seats!!
@ FVHS 6:40 – 7:30 a.m. and 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
All tickets on sale – Thursday, June 1 – DRESS REHEARSAL – all remaining seats on sale, all shows!
@ Rose Center Theater 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Ticket prices are: FRIDAY @ 7:30 p.m. and SATURDAY @ 11:00 p.m.
$20 premium (best seating, front and center)
$15 general seating
***All seating is RESERVED for the Friday 7:30 and Saturday 11:00 shows!
FRIDAY @ 4:00 p.m.
$10 general seating (non-reserved) for the Friday early-bird show at 4:00 p.m.
$ 5 vocal music students to watch the 2nd half (Troubadour show)
It is expected that all shows can sell out! Please use the above times to get a head start on guaranteeing your seats!!
Secondly, our Concert Choir and Troubadours have completed the recording of our big compilation double-disc CD set to be release on June 2nd (at the Broadway show). This collection commemorates the musical highlights from 2005-present, including approximately 40 songs from our advanced choirs throughout those years! It will also include 16 songs from this years’ advanced groups! A very special and wonderful collection of music. PRE-SALE price is $25. For the release during Broadway weekend and Banquet, price will be $30 and then after Banquet, the regular price of $35 will be locked in. Please send in word early with your student to get in on the pre-sale price! No limit per family. You will want to have this great collection of music!
Lastly, our end of the year Awards Banquet and Dinner will be held on Tuesday, June 6th at the Rose Center Banquet Room, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. If you have elected membership in the Vocal Music Program, the banquet ticket for your student is covered. All others, in addition to parents, friends and other guests can purchase tickets for $25 (on sale soon). Menu includes either fried chicken or London broil, with all the sides and courses! This is a very special night – a formal event with spectacular dinner, some special guests, lots of scholarships given to our Seniors, new leadership announced, great reviews of our fabulous year (including the fun end of year video, put on by our Choir Board), lots of awards for each of the choirs, etc. If this is your first time on the block, you will NOT want to miss banquet. A beautiful and special evening!
This Weeks Events
- May 19th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- With the end of the school year approaching, please make sure your student’s account balance is paid in full. If you have any questions regarding the account status or need an updated statement, please contact Lori Glazier at email@example.com Thank you!
MASTER CALENDAR Events
- May 26th (F) Last Scrip Order of the school year Due (Room 307)
- May 30th (T) – June 1st (Th) Broadway Rehearsals (FVHS & Rose Center Theater)
- June 2nd (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- June 2nd (F) – June 3rd (Sa) Broadway Finale (Rose Center Theater – Westminster)
- June 6th (T) Banquet (Rose Center Catering)
- June 11th (Su) TB – Baccalaureate
- June 14th (W) FVHS – Graduation
- June 16th (F) FVHS – Last Day of School!
- Check out our Vocal Music Website at fvhsvocalmusic.com! Updates are being made….keep it bookmarked!
- ALL STUDENTS should visit the website to find Instructional Tools under Student Resources to download and prepare their holiday music in their folders for rehearsal. The password has been given in class for all students to find access. This needs to be checked frequently for updates and students receive announcements in class when new postings are made for them to download.
- Friends of the Program. Please see the attachment which outlines the different contribution levels. As outlined on the attachment there are many benefits to becoming a Friend of the Program. This is an excellent way to involve friends and businesses in earning funds for the Vocal Music Program. It also provides an excellent opportunity to receive significant contributions credited to your student(s) account. Please contact Gary Green at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Scrip is just another term for gift cards. Scrip fundraising is an easy, no selling program that allows families to raise money for choir activities by using gift cards, or scrip, to pay for everyday purchases. How is works is when you purchase a gift card at face value the VMPA purchases the cards at a discount. The difference is then split 90% to your students account and 10% to VMPA for administration. Don’t see a store you are looking for on the order form we sent? No problem! Go to GLscrip.com for more vendors! On the website under retailers you will find the percentage and denomination available and just write them in on a blank line of the order form. For more information on how scrip works please use this link: Scrip Bullets. Any questions contact email@example.com or Ken Hanson (714) 654-1525
- Communities for Cause is another no selling fundraiser. “Connecting the causes you care about with the places you shop.” Donating to your school or cause has never been easier. Simply shop with a list of local merchants supporting our program and they will donate a percent of each sale to your school/cause! Download the app for free from the i-Tunes or Google Play App Store on your smart phone. When you register select “FVHS Vocal Music Program” as your cause!
Information and Forms