Notes from Mr. Tison
good morning all –
been a busy time around here… hopefully you all have enjoyed a successful 3rd annual Voice of Fountain Valley fundraiser! Congrats to one of our own, Bradford Fuiava, selected as the winner for 2017.
i also hope you were able to attend and enjoy the beautiful America: Of Thee I Sing! concert at First Congregational Church in downtown Long Beach. i was so proud of the pageantry and tribute that was given to our military/veterans….and the enthusiasm of the audience. our choirs sang beautifully!
as well, our Trouveres and Baron Choir just returned from their recent overnight trip to San Diego to the Worldstrides Heritage Festival where each group received a SILVER rating for their performance! wonderful singing out of our beginning choirs and I was very proud of them. quite an exciting weekend for them.
lastly, our Concert Choir leaves THIS Wednesday for Hawaii for competition and a 6-day tour of the island! a separate email will be going out to those parents with itinerary, waivers, and other paperwork that needs to be completed.
almost ready for Spring Break….and smiling at all the amazing success and talent we have witnessed in the Vocal Music Program this Spring!
have a great week.
This Weeks Events
- April 5 (W) LC Final Las Vegas Tour Payment Due!
- April 5 (W) – April 10th (M) CC – Hawaii Music Festival Tour (Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort leave pm / arrive pm)
- April 7th (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- Upcoming Tour Payment Due Dates:
- CC Hawaii Tour – FINAL Payment Due:Wednesday, March 29th
- Member Final Payment – $180
- Non-Member Final Payment – $235
- Chaperone Final Payment – $180
- LC Las Vegas Tour – FINAL Payment Due: Wednesday, April 5th
- Member Final Payment – $100
- Non-Member Final Payment – $100
- Chaperone Final Payment – $65
- BC/TV San Diego Sea World Tour – Final Payment Due: March 1st – if not paid, please submit payment ASAP!
- Member Final payment – $65
- Non-Member Final payment – $85
- Chaperone Final payment – $45
- For questions regarding your student account, please contact Lori Glazier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MASTER CALENDAR Events
- April 14th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- April 21st (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- April 26th (W) CC – “Master Work Concert” & Alumni Showcase (St. Wilfrid’s Church HB 6:45 pm)
- April 28th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- April 28th (F) – April 30th (Su) LC – Las Vegas Tour
- May 5th (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- May 12th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- May 19th (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- May 26th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- May 30th (T) – June 1st (Th) Broadway Rehearsals (FVHS & Rose Center Theater)
- June 2nd (F) Last Scrip Order of the school year Due (Room 307)
- June 2nd (F) – June 3rd (Sa) Broadway Finale (Rose Center Theater – Westminster)
- June 6th (T) Banquet (Rose Center Catering)
- June 9th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- June 11th (Su) TB – Baccalaureate
- June 14th (W) FVHS – Graduation
- June 16th (F) FVHS – Last Day of School!
- Check out our Vocal Music Website at fvhsvocalmusic.com! Updates are being made….keep it bookmarked!
- ALL STUDENTS should visit the website to find Instructional Tools under Student Resources to download and prepare their holiday music in their folders for rehearsal. The password has been given in class for all students to find access. This needs to be checked frequently for updates and students receive announcements in class when new postings are made for them to download.
- Friends of the Program. Please see the attachment which outlines the different contribution levels. As outlined on the attachment there are many benefits to becoming a Friend of the Program. This is an excellent way to involve friends and businesses in earning funds for the Vocal Music Program. It also provides an excellent opportunity to receive significant contributions credited to your student(s) account. Please contact Gary Green at email@example.com for more information!
- Scrip is just another term for gift cards. Scrip fundraising is an easy, no selling program that allows families to raise money for choir activities by using gift cards, or scrip, to pay for everyday purchases. How is works is when you purchase a gift card at face value the VMPA purchases the cards at a discount. The difference is then split 90% to your students account and 10% to VMPA for administration. Don’t see a store you are looking for on the order form we sent? No problem! Go to GLscrip.com for more vendors! On the website under retailers you will find the percentage and denomination available and just write them in on a blank line of the order form. For more information on how scrip works please use this link: Scrip Bullets. Any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Ken Hanson (714) 654-1525
- Communities for Cause is another no selling fundraiser. “Connecting the causes you care about with the places you shop.” Donating to your school or cause has never been easier. Simply shop with a list of local merchants supporting our program and they will donate a percent of each sale to your school/cause! Download the app for free from the i-Tunes or Google Play App Store on your smart phone. When you register select “FVHS Vocal Music Program” as your cause!
Information and Forms