Notes from Mr. Tison
Good morning all –
Wanted to keep you reminded of the SPRING SHOWCASE & SENIOR RECOGNITION at First Congregational Church in downtown Long Beach on Wed, March 29th! This is especially significant for any veterans or current military personnel as we will be honoring them that evening! Please make plans to attend…and get the word out!
Busy season coming up…..concerts, the Voice of FV (fundraiser), tours, etc… busy 6 weeks ahead! 🙂
Have a great week.
This Weeks Events
- March 21st (T) FVS – Spring Concert / Picnic
- March 24th (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- March 24th (F) TB – Dr Anton Armstrong (Room 307 3:00-4:30pm)
- March 25th (Sa) The Voice of Fountain Valley (FVHS Gym 6:15 pm)
- One of our BIGGEST Fundraisers of the year THE VOICE of FV is right around the corner, Saturday March 25! This is a spectacular event that you don’t want to miss and we NEED YOUR HELP to make it a success.
Please sign-up to help us with Hospitality and earn some of those Volunteer Hours. We need help with the concession table, food and drink donations, ushering and more. You can use the link below to access the Sign-Up Genius page.
Thanks so much for your support and we hope to see you at THE VOICE! Take care, Liana Taylor Hospitality Chair
- Upcoming Tour Payment Due Dates:
- CC Hawaii Tour – FINAL Payment Due:Wednesday, March 29th
- Member Final Payment – $180
- Non-Member Final Payment – $235
- Chaperone Final Payment – $180
- LC Las Vegas Tour – FINAL Payment Due: Wednesday, April 5th
- Member Final Payment – $100
- Non-Member Final Payment – $100
- Chaperone Final Payment – $65
- BC/TV San Diego Sea World Tour – Final Payment Due: March 1st – if not paid, please submit payment ASAP!
- Member Final payment – $65
- Non-Member Final payment – $85
- Chaperone Final payment – $45
- For questions regarding your student account, please contact Lori Glazier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MASTER CALENDAR Events
- March 29th (W) CC Final Hawaii Tour Payment Due!
- March 29th (W) Spring Showcase & Senior Recognition (First Congregational Church – Long Beach 7:00 pm)
- March 31st (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- March 31st (F) – April 1st (Sa) BC & TV – San Diego Heritage Festival (leave am / return pm)
- April 5 (W) LC Final Las Vegas Tour Payment Due!
- April 5 (W) – April 10th (M) CC – Hawaii Music Festival Tour (Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort leave pm / arrive pm)
- April 7th (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- April 14th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- April 21st (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- April 26th (W) CC – “Master Work Concert” & Alumni Showcase (St. Wilfrid’s Church HB 6:45 pm)
- April 28th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- April 28th (F) – April 30th (Su) LC – Las Vegas Tour
- May 5th (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- May 12th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- May 19th (F) Scrip Order Due (Room 307)
- May 26th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- May 30th (T) – June 1st (Th) Broadway Rehearsals (FVHS & Rose Center Theater)
- June 2nd (F) Last Scrip Order of the school year Due (Room 307)
- June 2nd (F) – June 3rd (Sa) Broadway Finale (Rose Center Theater – Westminster)
- June 6th (T) Banquet (Rose Center Catering)
- June 9th (F) Scrip Order Delivered (Room 307)
- June 11th (Su) TB – Baccalaureate
- June 14th (W) FVHS – Graduation
- June 16th (F) FVHS – Last Day of School!
- Check out our Vocal Music Website at fvhsvocalmusic.com! Updates are being made….keep it bookmarked!
- FVCF Texas Hold’em Charity Poker Tournament
When: Saturday, March 25th
Where: Center at Founder’s Village (across from FVHS)
First hand dealt promptly at 6pm. Rebuys until 8pm.
Cost: $25 Pre-registration…online until 10am, March 25th (must be paid in full)
$30 Walk-up registration at the door (tee shirt not guaranteed with walk up)
All nonprofits in, or serving FV are eligible to participate!
Benefits: Your student will receive $30 per player, no limit. After selecting the organization FVHS Vocal Music type in your students name under Beneficary. That’s right, all registration $$ plus some back to your student!!!
- ALL STUDENTS should visit the website to find Instructional Tools under Student Resources to download and prepare their holiday music in their folders for rehearsal. The password has been given in class for all students to find access. This needs to be checked frequently for updates and students receive announcements in class when new postings are made for them to download.
- Friends of the Program. Please see the attachment which outlines the different contribution levels. As outlined on the attachment there are many benefits to becoming a Friend of the Program. This is an excellent way to involve friends and businesses in earning funds for the Vocal Music Program. It also provides an excellent opportunity to receive significant contributions credited to your student(s) account. Please contact Gary Green at email@example.com for more information!
- Scrip is just another term for gift cards. Scrip fundraising is an easy, no selling program that allows families to raise money for choir activities by using gift cards, or scrip, to pay for everyday purchases. How is works is when you purchase a gift card at face value the VMPA purchases the cards at a discount. The difference is then split 90% to your students account and 10% to VMPA for administration. Don’t see a store you are looking for on the order form we sent? No problem! Go to GLscrip.com for more vendors! On the website under retailers you will find the percentage and denomination available and just write them in on a blank line of the order form. For more information on how scrip works please use this link: Scrip Bullets. Any questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Ken Hanson (714) 654-1525
- Communities for Cause is another no selling fundraiser. “Connecting the causes you care about with the places you shop.” Donating to your school or cause has never been easier. Simply shop with a list of local merchants supporting our program and they will donate a percent of each sale to your school/cause! Download the app for free from the i-Tunes or Google Play App Store on your smart phone. When you register select “FVHS Vocal Music Program” as your cause!
Information and Forms