Fountain Valley High School enjoys a strong reputation of excellence in the Vocal Music Program. Due to the amount of concerts, tours, trips, and transportation needs, the VMPA is aware of the high costs of these expenses and the financial burden they can impose.
As a result, the VMPA offers a variety of simple and effective fundraisers throughout the year to offset that burden. Student Fundraising opportunities allow your student’s portion to be directly deposited in your student’s account. Our Contributions Coordinator, oversees these accounts and will keep you informed of the balances therein.
The VMPA believes it is essential that your student participate in these fundraising opportunities, which will enable them to experience all that the Vocal Music Program has to offer without a financial hardship for your family. Our Director’s philosophy is to never allow funds to prevent a hard-working student from full participation in all the Vocal Music Program has to offer.
The following fundraising opportunities are available to your student during the Vocal Music season:
- Pre-paid cards for selected merchants
- Buy pre-paid cards for things you already shop for:
- And so many more on the website
Why should I do this?:
- You get the ‘stuff’ you need
- You spend the $ you would normally spend
- You get $$ in your student account!
- One family is buying around $500 worth of scrip and getting around $40 in her account
- Over the year this family will have earned $400 FOR BUYING THE ‘STUFF’ THEY ALREADY WERE SPENDING $ ON!!!
How do I do this?:
- You can download and print the form here
- Your student can pick one up in the choir room
- Fill out the form
- Check the website and double check your math
- Send the form in an envelope with your check made out to VMPA to the choir room
- Have your student place the order in the appropriate SCRIP folder
- Wait one week and your order will be in the choir room waiting to be picked up
- You will get a text or email as a reminder
- Repeat every two weeks!
In the future . . . .
VMPA is hoping to offer you DIRECT ONLINE ACCESS–you do the shopping, shipped directly to you. (Beta testing taking place during January and February)
VMPA is hoping to offer you A PHONE APP WHERE YOU CAN PURCHASE AT THE POINT OF SALE FOR SELECTED MERCHANTS! (Beta testing in March and April)